Thursday, January 22, 2015

Handmade Hot/Cold Rice Packs

Today, I want to share with you another craft that I made for Christmas gifts.  They are hot/cold rice packs.  These are great to put in the freezer or stick in the microwave and place on sore muscles or joints.  My husband also uses his by heating it and putting it in the bed to keep his toes warm!  I followed this link to make them.. https://mycreativenergy.wordpress.com/2013/02/19/tutorial-how-to-sew-a-rice-and-lavender-heating-pad/  I used fleece for the inside so it would feel cozy.   I also added scents by pouring in some different potpourri rocks into each bag.  For the guys, I used some woodsy looking material and black fleece.  For the girls, I used different floral patterns and blue polka dot fleece.  And for my brother in law -- I used the houndstooth pattern.  Hope you enjoy looking at them.  You should try and sew one up for yourself!




Thanks for stopping by!  Come back again soon. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I did not know that it could be used cold, and I love my rice pack. I also like the channels that you have added to your rice packs, I only have one that is a long tube. Will have to sew one up like yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Heide! The channels make the pack lay easier and keep the rice spread evenly for better comfort.

    ReplyDelete